Knowsley Music and Performing Arts Service is dedicated to providing the schools and young people of Knowsley with high quality, dynamic, inclusive music experiences to enrich their lives and those of the communities in which they live.
We provide professional high-quality instrumental and vocal tuition across the full instrument range delivered by specialist teachers who encourage and motivate children to fulfil their potential. We offer all young people the opportunity to engage in a comprehensive range of extra-curricular activities and work in partnership with a range of professional organisations to signpost wider offers for all of our young musicians.
After School Ensembles
Our ensembles run during Knowsley term times and are free of charge. An instrument can be provided for pupils attending regularly.
Tutti | 4pm to 5pm, Mondays at St. Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic High School, Cumber Lane, Whiston, L35 2XG
For beginner musicians on Wind, Brass and String instruments. Our tutors are friendly and welcoming and pupils will be supported in improving on their instrument as well as experiencing playing with other young musicians.
Forte | 5.30pm to 7pm, Mondays at St. Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic High School, Cumber Lane, Whiston, L35 2XG
For young musicians Grade 1 standard and above. This is where pupils will further develop their ensemble skills and expand their performance repertoire.
Violin Club | 3.15pm to 4pm, Tuesdays at St Aloysius Catholic Primary School, Twig Lane, Liverpool, L36 2LF
Beginner group for Violin
If your child would like to attend an ensemble or for further information, please contact Phil Nicholas on 07815722291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer to schools
- Instrumental and Vocal Tuition - including delivery of extra-curricular activities on behalf of schools
- Delivered by specialist tutors with enhanced DBS checks in place
- Instruments offered include all Brass, Woodwind and String Instruments with the addition of Drum Kit, Piano, Keyboard, Recorder, Steel Pan and Samba
- Delivered weekly over the academic year working closely with schools to ensure teaching is tailored to their individual needs
Specialist Curriculum Music Delivery
- Delivery of the Music Curriculum across all key stages undertaken by qualified teachers who will work with schools to ensure that the delivery links directly to the school Schemes of Work and Music policy
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) can take place
- All work is planned and assessed in line with individual school targets
Whole Class Ensemble Tuition (Wider Opportunities) with optional Arts Awards
- The Whole Class Ensemble Tuition programme is delivered to a whole class during the school day and include general musicianship skills
- Standardised to ensure continuity of provision
- Full resources and Instruments are provided along with the option to access the Knowsley Online Music resource package at an additional cost
- Progress is evaluated and impact assessed
Music Inclusion work for Special Schools
- Inclusive music making opportunities designed to meet individual school’s needs
- Pupils are encouraged to participate in practical music making in a whole class environment
After School Music Club – Short Programmes
- This option offers primary and secondary schools the opportunity to try out a musical activity without the need to commit to a full year programme
- Sessions are flexible and fun, instruments are provided and can be mixed or for single instrument
Breakfast Singing Club - Short Programmes
- A fun way to start the day with specialist vocal tutors delivering lively and exciting repertoire with actions!
Ad-hoc / Tailor Made Projects
- Ad-hoc services such as musical / vocal projects to support cross - curricular activities, preparation for concerts or events, school productions and exam preparation
- Innovative projects and activities for schools to access
- Access to a comprehensive instrument resource
- Bespoke INSET and training
- All tuition offered by the service will be eligible for free instrumental loan (where stock allows)
- All lessons are delivered to the highest standard with clear assessment objectives at each stage against which staff plan and evaluate. Monitoring takes place each half term and data is submitted twice a year
- Individual pupil reports are written annually and made available to pupils and parents via their schools or on request
- We offer access to the full range of examinations from the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (ABRSM), London College of Music (LCM), Rock School and Arts Awards
- All Knowsley primary schools are offered access to our online music resource site at a subsidised rate
For further information on prices or to book online please visit the Ask Knowsley website.
Along with Sefton Music Service, Knowsley Music and Performing Arts Service are partners in Sefton and Knowsley Youth (SKY) Music Hub.
SKY Music Hub is working to further develop the range and quality of music education opportunities for children and young people across the two areas, sharing expertise from each area, broadening the range of opportunities for children and young people and improving the support, training and resources available to teachers in schools.
For more information visit the Sky Music Hub website.
← View all services